Monday 18 July 2011

Bag Tidy

I have been meaning to make myself a handbag organiser for a while so when Doug was out on Friday night I spent a few hours making this before going out myself.

I used the thick cotton I bought from Lincoln and made a lined IPad case with pockets on one side for my phone and handbag bits and pieces and a pocket for paperwork on the other side. It had been annoying me that when I took my iPad out of my handbag all of my handbag contents fell to the bottom of the bag, this is the solution.

The front...




The back...





The organiser inside my handbag...



I made this by cutting up 4 rectangles with 2cm squares cut out of the bottom two corners. The I made two more similar pieces, one was wider than the rest to allow for the pockets and one was less deep than the rest to make a pocket for papers.

My initial square without the notches taken out of the bottom...




The bag cut up and sewn prior to assembling...




The left pieces made the outer bag and the right hand piece made the lining of the bag.

I then used some straps I had pulled off a rucksack Doug had thrown out a while ago for making little handles for the sides and a key holder. The last pocket was a struggle so I made life easier and sewed pen holders.

I am so pleased with this, not only because I didn't use a pattern but also for coming up with the design, making it neatly and choosing a fabric which worked perfectly. It's strength and weight means it holds itself up without the iPad in it and i think the colour and design are great :-)

My favourite creation so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment