This is a brilliant recipe :-D I love making this. For a dairy free version just substitute the butter in the butter ice for dairy free margerine. If you use soya marg it just tastes like unsalted butter and you won't be able to tell!
1) Grate a 200g block of creamed coconut
2) Mix half of this into the cake mix before baking.
3) For the frosting mix the other half into butter icing (6oz butter and 9oz icing sugar) with the zest and juice of two limes. If you have any stir a shot or so of malibu into the butter icing and mix.
4) If you have any desicated coconut then try litle dry frying this in a pan to brown in a little and leave to cool (this is a must do, do not skip this bit... bad things happen like icing slipping off the cake. I talk from bitter experience!)
5) Decorate the top, sides and middle of the cake witht he butter icing and when done stick the toasted coconut around the edge and decorate the top with slices of lime. Yum.