This recipe has been taken from the Hummingbird Recipe book and adapted to be dairy free. The muffins taste good, but s with all muffins with fruit in, they need eating up fast!
350g plain flour
¾ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
160g caster sugar
375 ml alpro-soya natural plain yogurt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
70g dairy free spread, melted
400g peeled banana, mashed
This makes 12 muffins. Preheat the oven to 170’C and put the muffin cases in the muffin tins ready and raring for baking!
1) Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (flour, salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon) and mix them up.
2) Put the yogurt, egg and vanilla extract into a processor or glass jug and mix up well.
3) Pour the yogurt mix into the flour mix slowly and combine a bit at a time if mixing by hand and if using a processor beat on a slow speed until all of the ingredients are well mixed.
4) Pour in the melted dairy free spread.
5) Stir in the mashed bananas and mix well.
6) Spoon into the muffin cases until 2/3 full and sprinkle over a little extra sugar and cinnamon.
7) Bake in the oven for 20-30 mins. Try inserting a skewer or I use the end of my thermometer as it is always handy, It should come out clean.
8) Leave the muffins to cool on a wire rack.